Monday, March 21, 2011

Charlie Sheen: Is he really winning?



imgres.jpeg


If anyone is not familiar with all that is going on and has happened through this entire ordeal here are the basics. In early of last year Charlie Sheen voluntarily went to a rehab facility for his drug issues and took a break from his hit show 2 and a Half Men. In May a couple months later returned and signed on for another 2 years of show at ONLY 1.8 million dollars per episode. That makes his the highest paid actor on television! That also make him getting more money then some people make in a lifetime in a mere 30 minute broadcast! Anyway he then in October had a run in with the NYPD at the renown Plaza hotel in New York City. Report showed that he had been drinking a lot and that there was significant cocaine usage and that damages were about 7 grand for his little fun. But the fun did not stop there at all.

Starting in January he was taken to the hospital by paramedics for "severe abdominal pains" which shortly after sheen started a substance rehab program at his house. This caused the show to go on a short break from filming its last 4 episodes and that turned out not to happen. Lately he has now been fired from the show 2 and a Half Men for making derogatory comments about the shows producer, Chuck Lorre. He in a radio broadcast by Alex Jones made the remarks on February 24, and 4 days later on February 28 Warner Bro's had banned him from the production lot. The reason for his ban was because of his remark to Chuck Lorre which was thought to be anti-semetic. Here is the what he actually said in the radio broadcast.

"Well yeah but I’m tired of being told “well you can’t talk about that and you can’t talk about that” BULL S-H-I-T. Let me just say this, there’s nothing. I just think it’s deplorable that a certain Heim Levine, that’s Chuck’s real name by the way, mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy bro. Check it Alex, I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his uninvolved mind cannot process. Okay last I checked Heim, I’ve spent, I think, I don’t know, the last decade, I don’t know, effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold and the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he is above the law. Well, you’ve been warned dude. Bring it."

He closely after this had many interviews including one with TMZ in which he says, "I wanted to address the man, not the bullshit TV persona. So you're telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?" His interviews kept going on and on one even claiming that he wanted more money per episode even though he is already getting the most out of everyone on television. But it did not even stop there. He has his own streaming channel on Ustream.com in which he then webcasted even more negativity toward Chuck Lorre which can be seen in the video.

Nonetheless, throughout all of this that is going on he never stops to keep quoting his theme of Winning! which evidently he is doing. His television career in is in jeopardy along with any other acting for his action, yet nobody understands his attitude toward the situation. He is basically in denial that it is even happening, or that it is an issue. America is displeased, yet there have been some whispers that CBS is trying to consolidate the situation between him and Chuck Lorre to continue the television series. We shall see where all of this media hype lead to.

No comments:

Post a Comment