
Mac Miller is not your average teenage kid coming out of Pittsburgh. At the age at eighteen he come out with his First mix-tape called K.I.D.S which was based on one of his favorite movies called Kids.Soon after he signed with the record company Rostrum Records, the same record company that has up and coming star Wiz Khalifa, He then came out with his second mix-tape called The High life that really put him on the radar.What makes Mac miller stand out from the other rappers in the industry today is that Mac Miller doesn't write about the hard times of a gangster or the violence that most hip hop songs talk about. He writes about the average life of a teenager; like skipping school, being a class clown, and eating frozen foods when theres nothing else to eat. Songs like “Nikes on my feet” and “kool aid and Frozen pizza” where huge hits among teenagers because it just talked about being a normal kid going to school and partying.
Like every other rapper Mac miller is one of those rappers that emphasizes the use of Marijuana in his music. About half of he songs contain either getting "high" or talking about marijuana. I was curious to find out more about Mac miller so I visited his personal website MacMiller.org and found a video post called "Mac Miller says he does not only rap about smoking weed" posted January 31, 2011.
In this video he clearly states that a lot of his music does contain the use of marijuana but that its not all he talks about. In his new mix-tape Best Day Ever which was released March 11, 2011, One of his best songs was called “Ill be there” that mainly talks about him thanking his mom for everything that she did for him. Its a song that shows encouraging rappers that you don't only have to rap about drugs and violence to be successful in the industry. In addition songs like "All around the world", "Life aint easy", and "Wear my hat" are all songs that have no relationship with violence or drugs but rather subjects that our younger generation can relate to.

Here is the course/ first verse to the lyrics of one of his songs called life aint easy that talks about him preaching to the new generation of kids that he knows life is hard but to live life and never to change. The lyrics come from the website hot new songs
Course;
When I get old imma be real cool
Sittin on the porch with a fresh pair of shoes
Whole bunch of stories for the neighborhood kids
Tell em to believe that we makin it big
And I know
That life is nothing easy (nothing easy)
One day, imma change the world
And they'll finally believe me
Verse;
From the outside looking in it seems that I'm fine
But they don't know shit about the everyday grind
Time is money and money is time
They tell me get there at five but I'm running behind
I try and live a little go and have a little fun
You only young once so all the hatin that be dumb
If life a joke then Im waiting for the punch
You all about the beef but me, I'm bout the bun
The bread cause I was just a little knucklehead
Now I got my shit together spittin what they fuckin with
If they ain't it's great no intention to the hate
Nothing changed still cutting up Henny's still my drink
I'm still the same old dude now makin moves
It's like everything I do front page news
I ain't playin in this game to lose
I want it all no secret the change they can keep it
Mac Miller can be said to be the new generation of rap music, at the age of nineteen he has already had three mix-tapes and a huge fan base. Even though he is not perfect and does rap a lot about smoking weed, we have to keep an open mind and remember that his only nineteen! and living the life he had always dreamed of. If you really take the time and listen to what he says in his songs you will be able to see that its more than just smoking marijuana.Furthermore It is easy to say that Mac miller has a huge future a head of him and who knows what the little kid from Pittsburgh has in stores for us next.
No comments:
Post a Comment