Thursday, April 7, 2011

Genre

Genre

is a type of writing or piece being done. There are many different types of genres. The  audience can affect the genre chosen or vice versa. Genre can be movies, letters, books, music, journals, fiction, horror, romance, reflections, and more. Every type of movie, book, music, etc.  has a type of genre. Genre is an  important term  to know in the writing process. Without genre, you don't know your audience. And without a focus on your audience, the writing won't be strong.
Nicholas Carr's piece "Is Google Making Us Stupid", is an article that is considered a type of genre. Google is a website also considered a type of genre. I can easily look up the word genre on Google and get redirected to the dictionary-another type of genre. How can learning about genre through Google make us stupid?
Reflection is an important part in the writing process to Yancey. Reflection is looking back on the finished product and analyzing what is done. Reflecting back on the genre chosen is important. Why did you choose that genre? Does the genre make sense with the audience chosen? And does the rhetorical situation give the proper meaning to the situation.
Genre is extremely important to me when I choose a movie or a book. I prefer mystery and/or romance. My brother suggested that I watch the movie Avatar. I absolutely did not want to see it because the genre was sci-fi. After hearing multiple times how good it was, I put the bad type of genre aside and watched it. To my surprise it was very good and did involve types of genres I like. So in the future I will give different types of genre's a chance so I won't miss out!



                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment