Thursday, April 7, 2011

Organization

ORGANIZATION is when one has the skills that allow him or her to be successful when organizing ideas, things, or pretty much anything. This can be possible by arranging certain planning and effort needed for the subject. I chose this word because I have learned from all of our assignments that organization is necessary to have a successful outcome. I learned to make a plan of attack for all of my projects, I learned how to go about this plan, think about what I was missing and note everything I already needed. All of these steps were just a few of the many that I took during the process of completing my major assignments for ENC 1102. These steps are just the beginning of the organization that I needed to get started on my projects, without this organization though, I would lose time by trying to find, fix, and redo things. As a result of being organized I get a peace of mind and reassurance that it will be successful.


According to "How People Learn", knowledge is acquired through learning correctly. In order to fully understand and comprehend a subject one must have thoughts about the subject known and organized in their mind, because then it is only possible that transfer may occur and be successful.
In Steven Johnson's, "Where Good Ideas Come From", he says that they take time to develop. We don't know that the information that we learn today, could one day contribute to other information we learn a year later, to make a great idea. The connection and transfer of knowledge from previous years may be useful later on, because of how we organize our thoughts to suddenly trigger certain things that we have learned before.
In Paul Aster's, "Why I Write", it is understandable that everyone writes for a purpose. Either to remember a moment, or to express one's emotions by writing them down. When I write it is to express my feelings or remember a specific moment I would like to go back and look at on paper. And by doing this, organization is necessary. I have to organize my thoughts, memories, or experiences so my writing makes sense and has the potential to be understood by others or even myself in the future when that specific moment is not as clear as it used to be.
I see organization as a brain. It is like the information we obtain in our brain and how our own ways of understanding different information is processed. For example how we know certain information and how that information spreads to inform other systems and processes in our body, just as information we learn will stay in our minds and come out when it is useful and needed while we are organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment