Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Journey to Becoming a Writer

The first major paper was assigned and all I could think was, "This is gonna be a long semester..." 
The first draft was due and I was at a crossroads
So I emailed Kara for advice, some perspective per say. I still didn't get it but pretended like i did.

I proceeded to sit at my computer and write.
As the deadline was quickly approaching I threw my hands up in surrender. I decided to quit complaining and just do it. 

I realized I had the mental capacity to pump out a decent essay and after a couple revisions my work appeared submit-able. 
I received my first paper with a grade and GOOD NEWS!  

Next thing I knew, the second assignment was due... I wasn't sure I could pull it off again. 
After a little mediation and deep breathing, I took into account all the aspects of writing and began.  
I had developed a writing routine, something that works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment