Monday, April 18, 2011

Who Am I?

All throughout high school I managed to do the minimum amount of work that I could do and just get by. Not to be arrogant but I was smart enough to get away with A's and B's without trying my hardest. ENC 1102, however, was a huge wake-up call for me. I started off fine, doing the same as I had always done. But my grades soon started slipping and I now realize that to get the most out of my writing and to reach my full potential as a writer, it will take time, effort, and most of all motivation.
Procrastination has run my life for the past 5 years if not more. I am the world's biggest procrastinator and for a while I actually thought I could get away with it. But in ENC 1102 it became clear that with all the work we were given on a nightly basis there would be no way I could make it through class if I continued on this path.
Finally, I had to discover who I was as a writer. I now knew who I was as a person(lazy, unmotivated, ect.) and was willing to change it to benefit how my schoolwork turned out, but now I needed to make use of that newly found motivation. How would I be able to get my best work down on paper? Doing that required defining my theory of writing based on how I wrote and how people reacted and responded to my writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment