
Some suggestions for ways to create this:
*A job wanted ad or a personal
*A persona poem
*Through a series of images
*an obit
*a short short (short fiction piece)
The options are open. You can respond back to this post OR you can create a new post.
This should be as long as it needs to be to get your point across. I should see elements of you----so I should be able to get a sense of who wrote what without even looking at the author's name.
And remember: have fun with this---it's your last one for this class.
Heck yes!! ;-)
Due: Tuesday, April 19, 2011.
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, there sat a young boy glaring up into his overweight 8th grade teachers wide eyes. The boy went onto explain, “reading Mrs. Decy, is not my thing. I hate fiction and if I must read, it better be a non-fiction picture book on trucks!” I had made my stand very clear in the 8th grade that reading doesn’t excite me. Pages and pages of characters in which formed words that I wasn’t familiar with never caught on as something I enjoyed. Things remain the same today, you cannot and will not catch me pleasure reading. I have taken a completely different prespective on writing and I attribute that to ENC 1102.
ReplyDeleteAt the begining of my journey in ENC1102 I viewed papers as a gigantic task. That hasn’t changed but what has changed is the fact that I now can attack each and every paper with confidence. The most important thing that this class has taught me as a writer is that I am fully capable of composing anything. Typically I suffer from an often diagnosed case of procrastination.. ofen I just thow down some quick thoughts as drafts and then when it comes time to turn in a final product I go into maticulous detail to make my work presentable. As a developing writer, I realize that process plays a very large roll in the construction of any paper.
So that once little boy now looks back on all his work, reflection has become a part or more than just writing. I have transferred my learned ability to reflect upon what I have done and taken it else where. Characteristics that define me as a writer are felt in my writing. A piece will read very logically, assigned questions will always be answered. I believe in writing with a purpose, to attack a goal. Somewhat scattered thoughts are presented here but that is exactly how I feel my writing turns out.