Throughout my career of writing, I have always produced decent work, but for a person who hardly ever reads, and doesn't enjoy writing long essays, I have always stressed out about how good my writing was, and whether or not I would get an A. I always dreaded starting a written assignment.

Whenever I am assigned to write something and I know the exact deadline, not procrastinating has made my life so much easier. Before all I ever did was procrastinate, because I did not enjoy writing or just didn't know how to go about writing my assignment.

Now, before I ever begin to write, I make a plan and organize my thoughts and so on. After learning about how to become a better writer through the use of the terms audience, genre, and rhetorical situation, and knowing how to organize myself before writing, I don't have to procrastinate.

I write not only because I have to, but because it is another way of expressing myself. I just never really cared how great my thoughts and expressions seemed to other people unless it was for school. I hated writing assignments, but now I have come to find that with all of the help and knowledge I received in college, that writing can be enjoyable and easy, as long as I can make it interesting to myself and my audience. I don't have to stress out because I need to write a 7-8 page paper last minute. I have been taught all the skills that are necessary to be a great writer and with practice I think I can master them.

No comments:
Post a Comment