Who I am... As a Writer
It was that time of the year again: new classes, new teachers, more tests, and nothing more on anybody’s mind than spring break. Yes, it was the begging of spring semester when I enrolled in ENC1102, and no I was not excited. All I ever heard was research papers and writing, writing, writing. Why would I be the one to look forward to that when my major consists mostly of science? Well, I walked in and met my teacher, who might I add has has a bundle of energy at 8 in the morning, this very tough to find these days. With the upbeat and motivation, I have been able to engage and actually enjoy the course. Anyways, with two papers and a composition down, my last reflection on its way, I have identified who I am. I’ve known who I am for, well, my entire life now, but I now I know who I am as a writer.
“I have learned to appreciate writing and discover things I didn’t know that I knew how to do, like making a website” (Gamez n.p).
--And yes, I am a writer who has learned how to cite.
As I sit in bright light with absolute silence around me, I write. I am a writer who started out rough and has slowly progressed into this writer that I am that just types away. As a writer, I seek out to find any place I can add my own personality and language into my writing.
Like everyone one else back in the day, I have also been told to vary my words, and to be creative, and to let my voice be heard. Most of us sat through that lecture and just thought, “I wonder whats for dinner...” Yes, I can’t argue and say that wasn’t me, but at least I can actually say, I also remember what my teacher was saying.
As a writer, I have brought these little detailed techniques into the rest of my classes and tried applying them when possible. Until this course, that I dreaded at first, I was able to experiment with several types of genres, which as a writer, I have appreciated due to the fact that I can work with different mediums and know that when I write these, I can let my voice be loud.
Thats what I am: I am a writer who applies my knowledge onto my paper which is projecting my voice and style.
No comments:
Post a Comment